First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries
Why Take This Course
Divers may experience unintentional encounters with fire coral, jellyfish and other marine creatures. Any time a person enters the marine environment there is a chance of being stung, bitten or cut. This course will teach you where you can expect to encounter potentially hazardous marine life and how to provide first aid when injuries occur. The more you know about the marine environment, the greater your chances of having safe, memorable dives.
What You Will Learn
This DAN First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries course teaches
divers how to identify and avoid potentially harmful marine life. It also
provides first aid skills to minimize these injuries and reduce discomfort.
You will learn about:
· Vertebrate and invertebrate sources of envenomations
· Traumatic injuries
· Life-threatening complications
· Seafood poisonings
· Avoidance of marine life injuries
You will develop the following skills:
· Initial assessment
· Shock management
· Treatment of stinging and spiny envenomations and injuries
· Control of external bleeding
· Pressure immobilization technique
· Severe allergic reactions
· Creation of an emergency assistance plan
How Do You Get Started?
Sign up for your class by calling MAISI, LLC today.